Frankston RSL Sub-Branch prides itself in providing support to veterans and their families/dependants. Veterans include those who serve or served in Australian Defence Forces (ADF), National Service, Reservists, Allied, and Commonwealth Forces, and with or without overseas service. Veterans do not have to be members of Frankston RSL Sub-Branch to receive support.
This support might include:
- Welfare Advocacy
- Pensions & Compensations Advocacy
- Information & Referral to local services
- Connecting veterans & their families to local organisations and activities
- Wednesday Morning Veteran’s Coffee 10am to 12 (no need to register, ask at Reception)
- Home & Hospital Visitation Team
- Exercise Groups
- RSL Funeral Representatives can attend veteran’s funerals and carry out the RSL Funeral Ritual. This is the last important way the Frankston RSL Sub-Branch Inc. can pay their respects to the veteran, give recognition of their service, and additionally provide support to the veteran’s family.
Our Wellbeing Support Officers are screened volunteers, and our Welfare and Pensions Advocates have additional training certification from the Advocacy Training & Development Program (ATDP).
All Wellbeing and Pensions Advocacy Services are free, private & confidential.
NB: Some of our Veteran Support/Wellbeing Activities are means-tested.
To be connected to the Wellbeing Team, please phone 8792 4413 or email email@example.com Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Wednesday Morning Veteran's Coffee
Committee Member and Welfare Advocate, Tony Grice, heads up our Veteran Coffee Mornings here at the Club.
No need to book your spot, just come along to the club between 10am – 12pm each Wednesday and just ask at reception to be directed to where the group are sitting that day.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet with other local Veterans & young Veterans and enjoy a couple of hours however you see fit, have a chat, read a book or just take some time for quiet reflection.